2008-08-07

Happy 70th Birthday, Momma!



On Monday I flew from London-Heathrow to Washington-Dulles, then to Atlanta.

On Tuesday morning I met Michael in Atlanta, we flew to Tallahassee, then we drove west to Sister Cindy's farm in Bascom. Momma & Daddy came over in the late afternoon. Momma was really surprised and glad to see Michael and me. We had a nice dinner together, cake a bit later, then opened present. I brought some Chanel No. 5 from the duty-free shop at Heathrow. Sister Edith took the photo above using the timed-delay shoot feature. I showed photos form my trips to England and Wales.

On Wednesday morning Momma, Daddy, Michael, and me tried to visit Marianna Caverns. Unfortunately, we discovered they are closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays because of budget cuts. We drove thru the park and then at lunch at an okay restaurant named "The Gazebo." After a long nap, Cindy and Edith joined us and we drove back to Marianna for dinner at a gourmet restaurant named "Madison's Warehouse." I had a tasty spinach salad with citrus balsamic dressing and the best salmon croquettes I ever put in my mouth. Came home and looked at 500 photos that Edith digitized.